Oh my god.
It’s in the wall.
We’re going to have to call a builder or something.
Edit: We are not the only people to have this problem.
- Thriftyfun.com suggests we wait & the smell will dissipate.
- This pest control company in the US will do it but they cut in through the plasterboard.
- Help.com people suggest aromatherapy oils (is there anything aromatherapy won’t cure?) and waiting it out. That or a sledgehammer.
- Maggots? It doesn’t bear thinking about!
- And this smell lasted 8 months or more.
I’m going to check out pest removal companies. Alive or dead, do you think it will make a difference to them?