The neighbours ran a sweep on what the house would go for. Our ex-tenant got 530,000 but lost out to Sue over the road who got 535 exactly.
The guy who bought actually went around introducing himself to the neighbours that morning – “I’m probably going to buy this house” – wish someone had told us that!
Lots of people asked what we are going to do now.
- Pay off debt (inc mortgages on both houses)
- Buy a new sofa (I bought our current one when I was 18, the straps have broken, etc etc)
- Paint the outside of this house (this is really a home maintenance thingy)
Also, I would like to:
- Buy some shelves that fit beside the french doors for our games so we don’t block the windows with a bookshelf anymore
- Get a folding table for the spare room/games room, so we have room to spill over when we have more than a table of gamers
- Maybe get some curtains made – it would cut our heating bills and be nice.
- Get a GHD straightening iron.
Wow, extravagant, huh. 😉
Fraser has wanted for years to have a Mac again. And a decent stereo. I think he should get ’em.