That was quick!

07 May

I am going slightly mad juggling trips to the doctor. Saw a GP at the practice I visit last night (not my usual GP). My ferritin levels are back in the “normal” range, albeit right at the bottom end. My iron levels are still way low, although less way low than they were in November. So that’s all good, and it’s okay for me to still feel completely crappy sometimes. My blood glucose is completely normal, which is good although it wasn’t really something I was worried about.

The surgical stuff is scheduled for next Tuesday (they really don’t waste time). I’ll be sent home that afternoon/evening, but I have to have someone with me as they say the effects of the general anaesthesia can last about 24 hours. So I hereby disclaim any responsibility for anything I say or do on Teh Internets next Tuesday or Wednesday. Meanwhile, Fraser gets a couple of days of carers’ leave so he can get the children dressed and off to school while I lie in bed with panadol and a hot water bottle. And maybe my laptop. *yay*

They’ll send the polyp off for pathology, but they don’t expect it to have any abnormalities.

Posted by on May 7, 2008 in health

9 responses to “That was quick!

1. Fraser

May 7, 2008 at 1:35 pm

So perhaps for the safety of “Teh Internets” I should ban Melissa from computer use next Tuesday and Wednesday?

2. melissainau

May 7, 2008 at 1:38 pm

What’s with this imaginary authority?

Teh Internets will be a better place for having me.

3. RacingHippo

May 7, 2008 at 6:30 pm

Fraser, don’t you dare – you’d rob us all of an opportunity for a good laugh and plenty of blackmail material to help Melissa through her recuperation!

4. RacingHippo

May 7, 2008 at 6:32 pm

Dr Hippo prescribes more ironing and plenty of ferritin’ around in 2nd-hand game stalls at Essen 🙂

PS. Does it have a name? Percy Polyp sounds OK. Unless it’s a polypess, in which case “Poly” is fairly apt.

5. melissainau

May 7, 2008 at 9:21 pm

LOL @ the laugh – I strive to be amusing. Especially when whacked on general anaesthesia.

The ironing doesn’t sound good, but ferritin’ around can be achieved. But the polyp does not get a name as it is to be removed. Also, the Bigster never had a name when she was in utero – it seems odd to contemplate giving an annoying growth a name when the foetus never got one!

6. RacingHippo

May 7, 2008 at 10:41 pm

Yebbut, nobbut… that’s the whole point, innit?
    The Bigster didn’t have a name before, but now that she’s no longer a part of you, she has.
    Simply apply the same logic to Poly the Problematical Polyp 🙂

Is this getting too silly? It’s all work-avoidance, you know.

7. jon

May 8, 2008 at 6:25 am

Will Poly make it to Flickr?

8. RacingHippo

May 8, 2008 at 6:37 pm

Jon, that’s gross.
    Besides, photos of Polly are tightly restricted. They’re policed by the Polypbureau.

9. melissainau