One of the delightful things I bought today is a book to give my sister-in-law, who will be putting the four of us up this weekend.
It attracted my eye because of the title – “Porn for Women” (what can I say …) – but captured my attention because the front cover photograph was of a man with a vacuum cleaner.
Inside, the photos are of reasonably attractive but by no means swoony men, mostly fully dressed, doing household chores, with quotes like
- Ooh, look, the NFL Playoffs are today. I bet we’ll have no trouble parking at the crafts fair.
- I don’t have to have a reason to bring you flowers.
- God, that’s so interesting. Tell me more.
- Well, I can’t offer you any solutions, but I am a good listener.
- Want to snuggle?
And, my personal favourite:
- I know. Let’s take you shoe shopping!
Given the gifts my sister-in-law has bought for me in the past, I am pretty confident that she will appreciate this one 🙂