Messe over

27 Oct

I am at Frankfurt airport

OMG the Messe is over

About to fly home.

I wouldn’t have said this 2 days ago, but right now, it’s good to be headed home.

I am especially grateful to the guy in front of me who checked in OMGOVER71KILOSOFLUGGAGE – because he broke the scales a bit.

I was not charged for excess luggage.

Home in about 23 hours. Will have long posts then.

I think I ended up bringing home about 60 games.

I know what I will be doing for the next week 🙂

Posted by on October 27, 2008 in essen, games, travel

5 responses to “Messe over

1. Suzan

October 27, 2008 at 10:19 am

I know what I will be doing for the next week 🙂

I’m guessing: sleep?

2. Gery

October 27, 2008 at 11:38 am

Auf wiedersehen and thanks for the commentary and the pistures.

A large batch of games arrived back here in Edinburgh yesterday – I’m looking forward to opening some boxes and inhaling what’s left of Spiel!

3. Tom Rosen

October 27, 2008 at 2:12 pm

Wow, 60?! That’s quite a haul indeed. Safe travels and looking forward to hearing your in-depth reports to come.

4. thomas.

October 27, 2008 at 6:56 pm

Hi Melissa.

I hope you had a nice flight home, with exactly 14 hours of being awake and the rest with a strong and healthy sleep – and after that a warm welcome from your family.

It has been a real pleasure having met you in person and I am looking forward to seeing you again next year – at SPIEL or in the real world. 😉

thomas.

5. chrisboote

October 28, 2008 at 3:11 am

Hi Melissa

Nice to meet you on Saturday at the stand

I decided when I got back to my hotel that German has far too many consonants!

I don’t think I’ve spoken it continuously for so long before – but at least my vocabulary now includes words like ‘Picket Line’ and ‘Haulage Firm’

As I said then, when all three of you come back next year, if your trip is going to include Windsor Castle and Virginia Water, you’re all welcome to stay with us

Chris & Julia