I think – cautiously – that I might now officially be on holidays.
No mail from work since Friday (and that was just an FYI).
No clients with tight deadlines to be met.
No plans to be in the office until February.
This year, I’m probably not even going to take my work PC to the beach. The eee is enough, I think.
Outlook for the week:
- Monday – housework. Sigh.
- Tuesday – organiser coming. More housework, but Of The Good Kind.
- Wednesday – gloriously free.
- Thursday – Kids have friends over, I am babysitting my niece (the kids will have fun with her). I might see whether one of my friends wants to come over too.
- Friday – unclear. May go away early, may pack. Heh – the weather outlook for our second week at the beach has rain expected almost every day. Great for the garden and the catchments, not so great for, well, spending time at the beach.
Meanwhile, we had a wonderful picnic at St Kilda Botanical Gardens yesterday. Warm but not too warm, the kids had a wonderful time running around (and running around and running around) while we lazed on the grass and chatted. Nearby, some people had hula hoops while others played Frisbee. We took a walk to feed the ducks and saw tiny baby ducklings, tadpoles and a turtle. The children used the plastic salad bowl to try to catch tadpoles. Only two fell in – one into the shallows, the other into what was shallow but rapidly dipped away into adult thigh-height. Luckily her dad was on close watch or this could have been a tragedy – as it was, his wallet was the only victim. Pleased to say that Otto managed to NOT fall in. Didn’t leave till after 4 (I had expected to be home before 2).
Note to self: Arrange picnics with friends, this summer. Often.