I am so unbelievably, incredibly busy right now that it beggars description, let alone belief.
Between now and June 24th (arbitrary date, that one!), I have to:
- Work (important) – practically a full-time job even though it officially Isn’t.
- Look after my kids, do all the usual stuff that we do
- Show our exchange student (here for another 6 days) some of the nice things in and around Melbourne.
- Clear out my house (even if we decide not to rent it out, I don’t want to get back to clutter). This could be a full-time job, if I really went at it.
- Pack up our personal stuff, if we do rent out the house (books, games, clothes, …). This definitely makes clearing our house into a full-time job.
- Get my parents’ house ready for the decorators – in the next 3 weeks.
- Clear out my parents’ stuff – sorting it for Op shop, Auction, Family, Rubbish, Keep. This? A full time job for TWO people.
At the moment, I’m feeling in control. Blocking out time so that anything I do, I can give all my attention to.
Meanwhile, Fraser and I want to go away to a games convention one weekend, and the girls want to have Sleepovers with their friends.
(Pardon me while I laugh hollowly)
Oh yeah – and most of the local high schools have open days this week and next.
Soon, I suspect that I will start to feel like I am rollerskating on greased ice. Watching carefully for that loss of control, because if I am not careful I could lose a couple of days – which would lose me all my free time.
And if you have ever seen me on rollerskates? That is almost an improvement.
Plan for this week:
Today – work, school info session, kid time, exchange student time, family time. Then work after 9.30 once the kids are asleep. Hopefully I can do a little clearing first.
Tomorrow – stay home and work work work, then school info session
Thursday – work, doctor’s appointment, kid/exchange student time
Friday – organising packing boxes, grocery shopping, housework, game club at school, take kids inc exchange student away
Saturday – sightseeing with kids and exchange student, drive home
Sunday – 10-5 packing at parents’ while Fraser does exchange student stuff, dinner with extended family.