Last time I counted, it was 6 weeks till we left.
Ah, heaps of time.
Now, it is three-and-a-half.
Just to put that in perspective:
- The girls and I have three weekends left in Australia. This weekend, Fraser and I will be at BorderCon in Albury – so there are really only two weekends left before we go. And we want to have a party the week before we leave – so really only one weekend to pack things up.
- I have a project to finish for a client. It involves writing a whole battery of PRINCE2 documents. That will be achievable.
- I have another project to finish for another client. It involves lots more writing. That will be partially achievable, but I will probably have work to do when I get to Germany. The client is not happy with some of the work that I didn’t do, and has asked for me to work on that area. While her faith in me is touching and flattering, I am nervous that it might be misplaced.
- I have two games to translate. The urgent part of one is half-done. I’m hoping to finish the urgent bits by the middle of the week.
- I have all sorts of things to organise for our trip. More on this elsewhere. I need to stop overthinking the small stuff.
- Mum and dad’s house has its first Open-For-Inspection on Thursday. I have not been there for a week. I need to find time to go there.
- I still do not have a British passport. Nor do the girls have Australian passports (long story). Lots of chasing things up to happen on Monday morning.
- Fraser and I need to get international drivers permits. We tried to do this on Saturday, but the RACV shop closes at 12 noon (where every other shop in the centre closes at 5pm).
- I have to go to the luggage shop and ask if they can order the new model of Trunki for Otto. Failing that, I need to order one online. This is becoming urgent.
- We need to organise parent-teacher meetings with the girls’ teachers. These would normally happen at the end of this term but they have been delayed to early next term.
- Fraser and I need to move back to our “2 boxes a night” packing philosophy.
- I need to do invoicing and tax. Urgently.