- Peat-charcoal has more calories than coal. Errm, not when you eat it. When you burn it. Well, maybe when you eat it too, but I am not volunteering.
- A peat-charcoal kiln was also known as a meiler. At least in 14th century Dartmoor.
- There is a slightly naughty folk song about a Hiring Fair.
- Googling Horse Slaughterhouse is really not a good idea. Seriously. See how I didn’t link it? There is a reason, and the reason is pictures 😦
- Pit tannage is a process for curing leather, involving liquor made from oak bark. This is why tanbark is called TAN bark.
It’s all fun 🙂