In no particular order:
- The later you are there, the messier it gets. Everyone was running early at 5:30.
- Teachers really do say different things to different people.
- I was owned by a Geography teacher. She took us through Bigster’s progress and the syllabus in under two minutes then thanked us for coming and sat back. We trotted off meekly.
- Lots of teachers already angling for Year 10 and VCE students. We only had one last year but this year there were several.
- Fraser can do awesome Cousin It impersonations. I need to get a photo before he cuts his hair.
- Lots of people don’t take their kid. This might be an interesting thing to try although I think we might have missed our chance. Next PT night will have some serious subject choice overtones.
- Otto took Shapes rather than crackers and probably ate the whole bag.
- We took jelly snakes for that special buzz. Otto ate half a bag or so while we spoke with the Health & Sport teacher. Timing is everything.
- Teachers think Bigster is well-organised. Either my fears are wrong or she fakes it better than most. Probably a bit of both.
- When you let the 9 year old have the timetable and room plan, you should make sure that she understands she should wait for the rest of the family before running down a flight of stairs and disappearing.
And I forgot to use the “surprising” question. I feel such a fool.