There are things that you should just never say to a gamer. In case you are ever tempted, I have made a handy reference list. Feel free to print it out and keep it in your wallet or handbag next time you will be catching up with the boardgamer in your life.
- “Is that the new Monopoly?”
- “I know it’s my turn but I just have to call my hairdresser. And my cleaner. And my mum.”
- “Oops. At least red wine doesn’t stain THAT badly.”
- “They’ve taken it outside to play.”
- “Can I get that at K-mart?”
- “Are those puzzles?”
- “That Roads and Boats game … I saw that at a garage sale last weekend. It was only $5. Guess I should have bought it huh …”
- “I blame the translator.”
- “We ordered pizza and played your game while we ate it.”
- “Can we play Mousetrap now?”
Any more suggestions?