I have not been blogging much this week, because I have been focusing all of my creative efforts on my essay.
OK, I lie. I have been juggling school holidays and parent stuff and work stuff AND my essay.
The essay is amusing me a lot. I do not, however, think that that is the primary purpose of an essay, or that my tutor would think that the essay as it currently stands is acceptable.
This is mostly because of that 1500 word thing. Because I think I probably TWEET about 1500 words in a week. Or possibly in a day, when I am writing an essay and being distracted by the AWESOME THINGS I COULD PUT INTO IT.
- a picture of me with Aldie and Reiner.
- stuff about pervasive games
- stuff about different content types on BGG
- an analysis of why session reports, reviews and geeklists are really kinda sorta fanfiction
- a study of the metagame in online Werewolf and how it transcends the individual games
- that video of Otto doing the Order Up dance in Essen (actually I think this was lost)
- stuff about how gamers are fans and analysis of the Superfan concept. I want to cast Derk as Harry Knowles in a movie.
- a picture of a cat in a box.
Sadly, I suspect I am missing the point.
More than sadly, I think I have now written WELL OVER 1500 words ABOUT the essay. Which, for those who are counting, is currently sitting at around 3700 words, with more to add.
But lots of you have offered to proofread. So when I finish it, I might post some of the lost parts here. Because there is an audience for everything, and you guys are it.